Friday, October 12, 2012

Week of March 12, 2012

Hi to both of you!

So happy you  are both in your respective countries and on with the business of finding those who the Lord has readied to receive your message!

Hopefully the language is going well, you have great leadership, you are feeling healthy, you have met some nice folks in your new ward and you are enjoying yourselves.

I am posting your letters on each of your blogs, so give us lots of detail and any stories that you might think you’d like to share.  When your missions are over, I’ll upload them and bind them into books that you’ll have forever.

Lainey had her first lacrosse game last Wednesday.  Dad was out of town.  It was raining literally “buckets” from the sky and it was COLD!  So, I watched from the car and didn’t see a thing.  I felt really bad, but I just can’t take the cold anymore.  I’m not sure how to fix myself of that problem, but it is really more of a deal than ever these days.  The only way that I can describe it is that it is downright physically painful for me to be out in cold weather. I think I need to really start searching for answers.    Turns out, she didn’t get any playing time anyway, so we didn’t miss a thing.  She has another game tonight (Friday) and a jamboree at Sunset High tomorrow. 

So, for a little bit of bad news.  Do you guys remember Tynisha Shanting Shi?  She is lainey’s age and her dad is a custodian at the high school.  He has always been very kind to us and to Jim and the band.  Anyway, he was driving to work the other day as the high school was letting out for the day.  I think it was Wednesday.  Suddenly, he felt very ill and needed to pull over to vomit.  As he opened the door, he apparently lost consciousness and fell to the pavement face first.  Someone called for help and took him by ambulance to the hospital.  Turns out, he had a brain aneurism and had to have surgery.  He is still in a medically induced coma.  We are not sure of what the outcome will be, but we are praying for him and his family.  Such a nice man.

Dad is in SanFrancisco today.  He just landed.  Yesterday, he was in Austin, Texas and before that he was in Washington DC.  He came home last Tuesday night for about 8 hours.  Just enough time to play a little volleyball and let me do his laundry so he could repack and leave again.  Such a teaser! 

Darrell Boggs is having rotator cuff surgery soon, after his broken arm heals a bit.  He really hurt himself this time!  He’s got to let some of those volleyballs go!

Drew-no date yet for Brenna.  The theory didn’t work.  I’ll let you know, though.  I’m sure she will too.

Adam-Brian Heck said to tell you hi for him.  He said he misses you!

Not much to tell you about at this time.  I think I’ll write every Friday to both of you.  If there are other things that come along the way specific to either of you, I’ll write at other times and separately, but at least you’ll stay up on what I can remember to pass along!

I love you guys and I’m excited to hear from you!


Your Proud Mamma!

No comments: