Friday, October 12, 2012

Week of June 26, 2012

To my boys!

This is definitely my favorite part of the week!  Sunday nights I write to you and then Monday and Tuesday, I get to look forward to hearing back!  Except for Brad-he’s a little more random!

This week was extremely boring!  I sat on my bed or in my chair ALL WEEK!!  Did nothing but watch daytime tv and nap.  Hmmm.  I ate too! I’m feeling pretty well now.  I got out of the house yesterday and today, and I think I was up a little too much, but I wouldn’t have traded it for anything!  Yesterday, I got to go help out at the fireworks stand for a shift with Dad and Lainey and then I got to go with Dad to take 13 youth to the dance on the beach (we drove the Fields’ van).  While they were at the dance, the Dunlops, Nina Hastings, Dad and I went out to dinner.  We ate in a restaurant on the docks!  It was fun and I had my fill of Halibut.

When we got home, my stomach had swollen, so I had to sleep on ice for the first time in a week (oops!). 

Today, I went to church, but just sat, mainly.  I had to stay out of the Primary, since so much of my calling in there is physical.  It was nice to sit in Relief Society with the sisters. 

Oh, and Derek was here with his fiancé Jess.  She is very beautiful and sweet.  They will be here until Friday, so it looks like we might walk down to the Stott’s for July 4th.  We’ll see….

So, Drew, remember two weeks ago when you told me to listen to the song, “Bless My Son”?  Well, thank you so much for that.  They were actually in town doing a fireside tonight at the Portland Stake Center and Dad, Lainey and I got to go see!  It was amazing!  Three of the guys in their group are in their own small group called Due West and they have signed a contract with Nashville.  We’ll have to watch them. Also, their female singer played the role of Emma in the movie “Emma Smith: My Story” and she has a new album out next month that sounds wonderful.  She sang a couple of songs from it. Oh, and yes…I cried when they sang “Bless My Son.”  Boy was it great in person…! 

Well, this week is the first week of Dad’s sabbatical.    Looks like he wants to be a dead beat for a couple of days, but then he’s hot on the chase for OnForce jobs.  His goal is to make $5,000 this summer.  Sounds like we won’t be seeing much of him!  Oh, well.  Maybe he can use some of the money to get Betsy going??  Maybe!

Congratulations Adam on reaching your 6 month mark!  Time is getting on by and by the sound of your letters, you are learning and growing.  I am so proud of you and how well you’ve done.  Keep working hard and take care of yourself.  Sounds like you’ve had a few physical issues, but hopefully, they won’t keep you down too much.  

Drew, you reach your 4 month mark this coming week!  Wow!  Keep it up!  As Brenna would say, “that’s 1/6th of your mission!

And Brad…..I can’t explain how proud I am of you.  You are coming up on your 4th anniversary.  Can you believe it????? Only two to go…can’t wait!  Tell us more about your new roommate!  I know his name is Matt Jensen, he’s 20 and fresh out of basic.  He’s from Beaverton, Oregon! He’s also a 3D animation student, so I know you’ll have a lot to talk about.  Did you ask him where he graduated high school yet?  So cool!

Well, hey!!!!  Have a wonderful week!!!!!!

Oh, Drew!  Last week when you asked (again) for quotes, I ran across a couple that I really liked:

“Being humble means recognizing that we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others.

-Gordon B. Hinckley

“The future of this world has long been declared; the final outcome between good and evil is already known.  There is absolutely no question as to who wins because the victory has already been posted on the scoreboard.  The only really strange thing in all of this is that we are still down here on the field trying to decide which team’s jersey we want to wear!”

-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Also, here is a comment from  your blog that a wonderful gentleman from North Bend Ward made:

Elder Hopper,

I, for one, eagerly look forward to your mission posts (and Adam’s too).  I have been well acquainted with both of your parents families for many years.  Here is a quote that comes from my grandfather written to his daughter, my aunt.  He saw heavy action in many battles of the Civil War including Gettysburg.  “I wish I could say something to influence you for good both for time and for eternity.  Be truthful.  Be sincere.  Consider well before decision.  Be obedient to superiors and respectful to all. Remember that life is short, improve the moments as they pass.”

-Victor Pettijohn

Love you all!!

Mom

No comments: