Friday, October 12, 2012

Week of June 19, 2012

Hey!  I survived my surgery!  I can't even remember what happened last week before the surgery! Hmmm.  Let me think.

Hmmm.  Oh, I know...

Zach Carson is home from France!

Photo: My mom is so excited

What else.  Vicky and Sara and Canna came to our house to stay the night on friday. They were helping Andy (he's calling himself Morgan now) move back to the dorms on the PSU campus.  It was fun to see them.  Annie was around, which was wonderful since Vicky hadn't seen her since Annie's wedding.  Canna and Annie hit it off and that was good since Canna was sad the Drew wasn't here to play with.  Annie took over and they tickled and played until it was bedtime.   

Oh, sad news.  Annie lost her job.  She let her boss know her history.  Since Annie was in the process of applying for a Chiropractic Assistant certification for this position, she had to let him know or he could have gotten into trouble.   Annie and her counselor Steve called the State board and they would have had to consider her application the next time they met in committee instead of just putting it through routinely.  Since they weren't meeting until mid July, her boss was not willing to wait.  He needs someone who can certify within the next week or two.  He really liked her work, but wasn't willing to wait.  So, we had a couple of sad days, but Annie was shown that she does have what it take to do well and hold down full time hours.  She did such a good job!  I think ultimately it was good for her.  You might shoot her a quick email of encouragemeent.  

So, my surgery went well.  I have been in bed since Friday afternoon.  I got home at about 2pm and I've been pretty sore.  They sent me home with a pain pump attached to my stomach.  It is supposed to pump numbing meds into the surgical site for 2-5 days.  I've still dealt with pain, so I don't know if it actually worked or not, but I guess I don't want to know how bad it might have hurt without it.  I've been taking Norco, which is the Vicodin/Tylenol mix that dad takes for his knees.  It is about half the dose he takes.  It helps some, but this afternoon I switched it for just regular ibuprofen and I feel much better.  I think I'll stick to that now.  So far so good!  

Well, I guess that's all for now.  This week should be pretty quiet, I hope!  We start the fireworks stand on Tuesday.  

Love you all!!!

Happy week!


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -
Version: 2012.0.2180 / Virus Database: 2437/5092 - Release Date: 06/25/12

No comments: