Friday, October 12, 2012

Week of July 2, 2012

Hello there!

Well, we’ve all apparently survived another week!

My recovery is still slow and I guess steady.  I went to my check up last Thursday and found elevated blood pressure and low grade fever.  After a look at my knarly incision (did I mention that this thing which is about 6 inches long was “glued” together instead of stitched?), she thought I might be starting to get an infection.  So, I get to take a 10 day course of antibiotics and get to go back this week!  I’m so thrilled.  Meanwhile, no one will let me do anything!  I’m so bored and I have so much to do!

So, last week was July 4th week and we had a little fun intermingled with me doing nothing and Dad spending many hours (about  30) at the fireworks stand.  Lainey and all the youth from our Stake went on their Pioneer Trek and they left at 4:45am on the 4th.  They were all pretty unhappy about missing the holiday at home.  Lainey remedied that by having a bunch of friends here for pizza, snacks and a fire out front with some small fireworks.  First time there’s been a fire in the pit since Adam left!  You’ll have to ask Lainey how the trek went.  She had a really good experience and came home really brown.  But, by this morning, half of the brown had peeled off and left half of her face pink.  It looks lovely!  All uneven!  This week she goes to HAS for two weeks, then girls camp and two weeks after that, EFY at BYU-I when we’ll tow Adam’s car back home (that’s the week of August 6th). 

Grandma and Grandpa Hopper moved to another rental house over the weekend.  Dad went down overnight on Friday to help them.  Mostly, grandma just wanted Dad to look after her computer and make sure it got moved okay. 

  Here are a couple of photos that he took.  He forgot to take any of the outside.  So their new house is in Empire.  They will still be in the same ward, but their phone number has changed for the first time in 45 years!

Oh, also, Drew, I found these people on Facebook and thought you might appreciate them:
The Finwalls are not in our Ward anymore, so we don’t get to see them.  It’s fun that we can still catch glimpses of them on Facebook.

So, this Saturday, Dad and I are responsible for food for the Stake Fair.  They have done this the past two years, but I haven’t attended it before.  We will be purchasing and preparing about 1000 hot dogs, corn on the cob, etc. for the whole Stake.  We are borrowing the Band’s big canopies to protect us from the sun.  I’ll let you know how it goes!

Oh, by the way, Dad asked Sister Nutt about her car dolly.  She told Dad he could use it to tow Adam’s car home.  Also, he asked her about the 460 engine in their shop.  Mike used it as a “dummy” to make sure his body work projects would fit their engines correctly.  She told Dad, “It’s yours!”  He’s really excited!  I think He’s gonna get working on it very soon.

Seth and Curtis are standing by to lend a hand when Dad’s ready! 

I guess that’s about it for now!

Love you!!!


No comments: