Friday, October 12, 2012

Week of July 16, 2012


Happy Birthday Brad!  26 Years!  Hope you’ve had a great day!
Trevor Blanchard is getting married!! August 18…

Drew, Jodi Taylor messaged me the other day and wants to know if you’ve been getting her letters she’s sent by “mission ties”?  If not, she’ll start writing through regular mail. 

Just let me know.  If you have gotten her letters, sounds like you need to write her back!!


I found this on Facebook and love it.   Shared it on my page and want to share it with you. 



 
I love His optimism!  And His philosophies! This is from his interview with Larry King…

Drew, Here are a couple of responses from Facebook to your letter last week….

§  This is Renee Huskey: Renée Butcher Really enjoyed reading this one, Laurie! You can feel the enthusiasm leaping off the screen!

§   

§  Karen West Beck I loved this letter! I too believe (and have felt) loved ones who watch over me in spirit, both after death and before birth. Isn't that an AWESOME concept?!!!!! I love sharing in the missions of the two Elder Hoppers. Thank you so much for sharing them so quickly!

Judy Anderson posted this little gem of her two wonderful grandsons this week.  They are both getting married in August!

Devyn and Heidi Stout on August 3rd in the Atlanta, Georgia Temple.

Derek and Jessica (Jess) Blackhurst on August 17th in the Bountiful, Utah Temple.

They will have a joint reception here in Aloha on August 23rd.  We’ll be sure to send pictures and messages to you guys!

We had a wonderful “hangout” with Brad and Lauren tonight for Brad’s Birthday.  Brad, it was great to see you, as usual!

Lauren Kearsley returned last week from her mission and she spoke in church today.  It was great to see her and her family.  Everyone was there except Nate. 

Well, tomorrow morning (Monday), Lainey and I leave for Girls Camp.  Dad packed the trailer with all the craft stuff that I’m using this year.  He also insisted that I take the big bean bag chair, so in it went!  He is driving us down to camp and will help me unload so I don’t have to lift things.  I’m still under “do not lift” restrictions, so I guess I’ll just sit around at camp this year!  Fun!  I have a lot of help, so it should be pretty fun.  Especially with my bean bag chair!

So, to update….I had my surgery on June 22nd, so it’s been officially one month today.  Things are going pretty well.  The incision site is good.  Swelling is almost gone.  My stamina is still shaky.  I tire easily.  Also, I can feel slight pain where they sewed the mesh to my muscle wall.  I guess it will take a while for that to go away.  Two weeks out from surgery, I had the beginnings of an infection, so they put me on clindamycin (antibiotic) and on the 10th and last day of the course, I broke out from neck to toe in a big bad rash.  It was everywhere!  Aparently, I’m allergic to Clindamycin!  Add that to the Penicillin I already knew about from childhood….So, in order to get control of the rash/allergic reaction, the urgent care clinic put me on Prednisone, which is a steroid drug.  Well, I definitely don’t want to do THAT again!  Couldn’t sleep, blood pressure went up, etc.  I just laid there at night listening to the blood rush through my ears!  I also had just an overall feeling of “not right”.  So, I took myself off of that after 4 days.  It was a 7 day course, but the rash had already dissipated a lot, so I stopped it.  So, now it’s 3 days later.  The rash still shows up when I take a hot shower, but it’s going away.  And I got a really good night’s sleep last night!  We (Lainey and I) leave for camp in the morning.  We’ll see how it goes!

I’ll write next Sunday and let you know.

Have a great week all of you!





Love you lots!

Mom



No comments: