Friday, October 12, 2012

Week of July 9, 2012

Hello!


Hmmm.  What to share with you this week.  All is well.  Everyone is still living! 

Annie decided to support Adam in his illness and she caught a nasty cold and cough.  Kept her down for the weekend.  Adam, I hope you’re back up to speed by now! 

Lainey is half way through Hillsboro Arts Summer now.  She’s having fun, but not too much.

Dad and I did the food for the big Stake Fair yesterday.  We served 900 hot dogs, about 400 ears of corn, chips, pie and watermelon.  It was A LOT of work, but fun too.  We used the Century Band canopies so we had lots of shade and place for folks to eat.  There were lots of activities set up of families to come and enjoy, bands and singing acts (including a band with Mike Loveland), hula hoop contests, horse shoes, kick ball, a 5k fun run, etc.  Perry and Tawny Morris ran a booth for cotton candy and snow cones.  The line was long for the snow cones. 

I was allowed to be there, but no one let me lift anything.  Kinda annoying, but at least I didn’t set back my healing tummy.  

Dad was a beast, as usual.  Cooking all the hot dogs and corn with the help of Pete Melanson.  Of course, Monte and Cheryl and the Hastings were all on hand helping the whole way.  We shopped all week to get ready.  Kinda glad it’s all done.  Now on to girls camp!

Oh, Katie Phillips brother and his wife had  a set of twins today by C-section.  They were born at 25 weeks, 4 days gestation.  They are both just under 2 pounds each.  Tiny. 

I went to the Doctor on Thursday again.  No sign of infection this time.  All is good.  This morning when I woke up, the swelling was almost gone.  There’s a light at the end of the tunnel!  Only about 3 more weeks and I can resume the usual life! 

This week it’s all about prepping for camp.  As you know, I’m doing crafts again.  We leave for camp Monday, the 23rd.  I won’t miss writing to you, but I may not get to see your emails next week until I return on Saturday.  No phone reception there.  We’ll see.  I might be able to climb a hill and wave my arm for a signal! 

Adam, your student loan is now due for payments.  I’ve written them an email to ask how to defer it during your mission.  They don’t have an option for a church mission.  The closest thing to it is Peace Corps service.  Anyway, I’ll have to mail you forms to sign, but I’ll let you know what happens. 

Just found out tonight that Josh Cabrerra got married.  Oh, and Lauren Kearsley is returning from her mission this Tuesday.  So many kids doing good things! 

Can’t wait to hear from you about your week! 

Love you!

Mom

No comments: